Straight line action clamps hold objects securely by moving the clamp plungers along their axis using push / pull / straight line toggle clamping action. These clamps can be locked in both extended and retracted positions for use as both pull and push clamps or in only extended position for use as push clamps. They are used for testing, welding, fixturing, tensioning, CNC machining & plastic injection moulding applications in the aerospace, consumer goods, automotive and food & packaging industries. Destaco 640 Series clamps feature a lever handle to move the round sliding plunger that locks in either pulling or pushing direction for holding workpieces. These clamps have the longest plunger stroke of Destaco's straight line action clamps and a flanged base for heavy-duty clamping of workpieces & easy mounting. This Destaco 640-M straight line action clamp has metric internal threads for quick fastening of the plunger. It is made of steel to provide strength & durability and prevent wear & tear caused due to abrasive environments.
Raptor Supplies also offers similar manual clamps with imperial internal threaded plungers for accommodating spindle assemblies to hold workpieces. Also, these straight line action clamps feature the Toggle Lock Plus mechanism to prevent accidental opening & act as a secondary lock to ensure maintenance of over-centre locking conditions.
- This Destaco 640-M straight line action clamp is used for assembly & testing, checking & welding fixtures, and tensioning operations in the aerospace, automotive, transportation and food & packaging industries.
- Destaco 640-M straight line action clamp has steel construction for strength and durability, ideal for use in heavy duty operations without breaking or bending.
- It has flanged base mounting style, offering a maximum holding capacity of 7500 lb.
- This clamp is equipped with a round plunger having a height of 0.96 inches and M12 (metric) thread type.
- It has the longest stroke plunger travel (4 inch) of all Destaco straight line action clamps.
- This clamp locks in both retracted and extended positions for user convenience.
- It provide an exerting force (pushing) to applied force (pulling) ratio of 35:1.
- The clamp's rotatable handle falls below the mounting plane to lock the clamp in the retracted position.
- It also has an easy to hold, ergonomic grip handle that minimises user fatigue over prolonged use.
- Raptor Supplies delivers hex head spindle (220203-M) to fit into the plunger of Destaco 640-M clamp for secure holding of the workpieces.
Standards and Approvals:
- Destaco 640-M straight line action clamp is ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 compliant for user safety, environmental health and efficient performance of the clamp.
- Destaco 640-M straight line action clamp is mounted to a surface using 3 pairs of threaded holes on the base of the clamp for secure installation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What other variants of Destaco 640-M clamp are available on Raptor Supplies?
A. Raptor Supplies offers these manual clamps with 1/2-13 (imperial) thread (640) to accommodate imperial threaded spindle assemblies for holding workpieces. Destaco also supplies a similar clamp with the Toggle Lock Plus feature (640-MR) to prevent accidental opening of the clamp. For more variants related to Destaco 640-M clamp, refer to the Destaco 640 Series Clamps page on our website.
Q. How do straight line action clamps work?
A. Straight line action clamps are manually operated using levers or handles for pushing clamp plungers against the workpieces and holding them securely.
Q. What are the benefits of using the Toggle Lock Plus mechanism in Destaco manual clamps?
A. Many Destaco manual clamps have the Toggle Lock Plus feature for acting as a secondary locking mechanism and to ensure that the clamps stay in the over-centre toggle lock condition. This mechanism is useful when fixtures of the clamp are in motion in a vibratory environment or are inverted. It provides an extra level of safety for the user and the workpiece. Raptor Supplies also delivers Destaco 640-MR straight line action clamps with Toggle Lock Plus feature and similar specifications as that of Destaco 640-M manual clamp.
Q. Are Destaco clamps corrosion resistant?
A. All Destaco carbon steel clamps are zinc plated to resist wear & tear due to harsh industrial environments and provide rust resistance. Destaco also supplies stainless steel clamps for applications requiring clamping in outdoor conditions.
Q. Does the red colour of the handle signify anything on Destaco clamps?
A. The red coloured handles alert the user about the location of the operating handle and where he should grab it.
Q. Can we remove the handles of Destaco clamps?
A. Most Destaco clamps feature grips that can be easily removed by sliding them off. But some handle grips undergo vinyl dipping to fit the underlying handle and hence, have to be cut off for removing them.
Q. Are Destaco clamps load rated for hoisting and / or lifting applications?
A. No, Destaco clamps are not designed for hoisting or lifting applications to allow safe & secure operation.