Destaco 850 pneumatic straight line action clamp is ideal for holding workpieces in place by applying force from the side. This clamp is suitable for various push / pull clamping tasks including assembling, welding & light pressing operations. Destaco pneumatic hold down clamp is a suitable choice for operations where there is a requirement to clamp / detach the workpiece repeatedly throughout the operation. The clamp's round plunger securely holds the workpiece in position for preventing slippage mid operation. Destaco toggle clamp has a pneumatic cylinder that features built in flow control to ensure smooth clamping throughout the operation. Its magnetic ring piston enables precise piston position sensing, thereby ensuring accurate clamping. It features carbon steel construction for ensuring high abrasion resistance. Destaco straight line action clamp comes with a flanged style base for enabling secure installation on flat surfaces / workbenches. Destaco 850 Series pneumatic toggle clamps are also available in M16 size plunger thread variants on Raptor Supplies.
Destaco 850 pneumatic straight line action clamp is designed for various commercial tasks including assembling, welding & light pressing operations.
- Destaco 850 pneumatic straight line action clamp features carbon steel construction for delivering resistance against damage / wear from harsh industrial conditions.
- This toggle clamp features a pneumatic cylinder that features built in flow control to ensure smooth clamping throughout the operation.
- This straight line action clamp's round style plunger securely holds the workpiece in position for preventing slippage mid operation.
- Its magnetic ring piston enables precise piston position sensing, thereby ensuring accurate clamping.
- Destaco straight line clamp comes with a flanged style base for ease of installation on flat surfaces / workbenches.
- Destaco 850: These pneumatic clamps accommodate either round (810169) or T-slot (8EA-109-1) sensors.
- Destaco CABL-010 & CABL-013: These 850 clamps are compatible with quick disconnect (2 mm and 5 mm) extension cables (CABL-010 & CABL-013, respectively) to provide flexible adjustments of length & height. They are designed for areas where multiple clamping points are required.
- Destaco 850450-63-1-00: These replacement seal kits are used for replacing worn out / damaged seals on Destaco 850 pneumatic hold down clamp's pneumatic cylinder.
Standards and Approvals:
- Destaco 850 pneumatic straight line action clamp is manufactured in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 international industry standards.
- Destaco 850 pneumatic straight line action clamp has a flanged style base for enabling secure installation on flat surfaces / workbenches through permanent welding.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does the brand offer pneumatic hold down clamps in other styles?
A. Yes, in addition to Destaco 850 pneumatic clamp, user can also choose from M16 size plunger thread variants (Destaco 850-ME).
Q. How do pneumatic hold down clamps work?
A. Certain pneumatic hold down clamps, such as Destaco 850, feature a pneumatic cylinder with a piston type configuration. An air supply line is fed to the clamp cylinder through an input port. Hands free clamping operation is achieved by adjusting the input air supply.
Q. What is a pneumatic hold down clamp?
A. Destaco hold down clamps are pneumatically operated clamps that are used for various applications including welding, woodworking, tensioning, assembly & testing.
Q. What does clamping force mean?
A. Clamping force is the amount of force actually applied to a workpiece by closing & locking the clamp. It is normally less than the stated holding capacity. The actual clamping force depends on various factors, such as cylinder bore, cylinder area, spindle position (clamping arm length) and available air pressure. In most cases, the clamping force is approximately 2 to 3 times the force exerted by a pneumatic cylinder.
Q. What does holding capacity mean in terms of clamps?
A. The holding capacity or the holding force depicts the clamp's capability to hold down the equipment or sheet metal on the assembly line or during any other manufacturing process.
Q. Which grease is recommended for use with Destaco clamps when rebuilding?
A. For ensuring smooth operation & durability of mechanical clamps, it is recommended to use a coupling grease like Mobil XTC.
Q. What does the red colour of the handle of Destaco clamps mean?
A. The red coloured handles alert the user about the location of the operating handle and when he should grab it. The red colour has no additional advantage to the working of the clamps.
Q. Are Destaco clamps rust resistant?
A. Yes, stainless steel and carbon steel clamps from Destaco withstand & minimise wear against harsh industrial environments. For applications that require clamping in outdoor conditions, stainless steel clamps are also available.
Q. Does the brand offer pneumatic hold down clamp in other configurations?
A. Destaco also offers a wide range of light & medium duty pneumatic clamps that are available in a range of configurations, styles and materials (aluminium / steel).