Destaco 344 Series pull action latch clamps feature a handle to place a vertical U hook (threaded) around a workpiece. These latch clamps are used to regularly close & open fixtures that are perpendicularly oriented to clamp base. Their clamp handles have a thumb control lever for a quick, single handed operation. Destaco 344-R-M-100 clamp offers a 100 mm longer U hook for closing a workpiece at a greater distance than a standard U hook style latch clamp. This clamp has steel construction for strength & durability to withstand regular wear & tear. It features flanged base mounting style for quick installation on a flat surface / workpiece. This clamp is integrated with Toggle Lock Plus feature to act as a secondary locking mechanism and prevent its accidental disconnection during the operation. It has a maximum holding capacity of 2000 lb. Raptor Supplies offers this clamp in variants having stainless steel construction for corrosion resistance; without Toggle Lock Plus mechanism for reducing operating costs. You can order these latch clamp variants having different hook lengths (standard length, 25 mm longer than standard length & 50 mm longer than standard length), by simply removing -M-100 or adding -M-25 & -M-50 at the end of the model number.
We also offer Destaco 341-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp having similar specifications and a horizontal U hook for pulling a workpiece placed parallel to its clamp base.
Destaco 344-R-M-100 latch clamp is ideal for holding moulds, assembly and latching operations. It is also used to close lids, chamber doors & access covers in transportation, aerospace, consumer goods, automotive and food & packaging industries.
- Destaco 344-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp is integrated with Toggle Lock Plus mechanism to prevent its accidental opening.
- It is equipped with a threaded, vertical U hook for easy adjustment according to a workpiece placed perpendicular to the clamp base.
- This U hook pull bar is 100 mm longer in length than a standard U hook for pulling / closing workpieces at a greater length.
- It provides a maximum load capacity of 2000 lb.
- This clamp features flanged base for quick & easy mounting on a workpiece / surface.
- It is made of steel for structural rigidity to prevent bending / breaking under heavy loads.
- This clamp has an ergonomic handle with a patented thumb control lever for one handed operation.
- The clamp comes with a latch plate for secure attachment to a workpiece.
- Raptor Supplies can deliver replacement hook assembly (344215-M-100) and thumb control lever (344-ZB1) to replace the faulty / worn out parts of Destaco 344-R-M-100 clamp.
- We also supply Destaco latch plate (344101) for secure attachment of the clamp hook to a workpiece.
Standards and Approvals:
- Destaco 344-R-M-100 clamp is manufactured in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 industry standards for environmental health, user safety and efficient performance of the clamp.
- Destaco 344-R-M-100 has threaded holes on its flanged base & latch plate for quick installation on a vertical workpiece / surface.
- This clamp can be screwed / unscrewed easily from the mounted surface using a screwdriver.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does Raptor Supplies offer manual clamps with similar specifications as Destaco 344-R-M-100 clamp in other variants?
A. Raptor Supplies offers similar clamp variants, such as Destaco 344-M-100 latch clamp without Destaco Toggle Lock Plus feature for reducing the operating costs where secondary locking of the clamp is not required. We can also deliver Destaco 344-RSS-M-100 latch clamp having stainless steel construction for corrosion resistance and durability.
Q. Is Destaco 344-R-M-100 latch clamp available in different hook lengths?
A. Destaco supplies similar latch clamps in variants having different hook lengths, such as standard length (344-R), 25 mm longer than standard hook length (344-R-M-25) and 50 mm longer than standard length (344-R-M-50).
Q. How do latch clamps work?
A. These pull action latch clamps have a handle to operate the tool, a clamping arm to act as a contact point between the work item & the clamp and a base to attach the clamp to the surface. Once the simple linkage system of the clamp is put in the over-centre position, the handle is moved for creating a force parallel to the base to hold the work items.
Q. What are the benefits of using Toggle Lock Plus mechanism in Destaco manual clamps?
A. Many of the Destaco manual clamps come with the Toggle Lock Plus feature to act as a secondary locking mechanism and ensure the over-centre toggle lock condition of the clamps. This mechanism is essential when fixtures of the clamp are in motion, in a vibratory environment or are inverted. It offers an extra level of safety for the user and the workpiece.
Q. Which grease is recommended to be used with Destaco clamps when rebuilding?
A. Whenever you're dealing with the brand's mechanical clamps, it is recommended to use a coupling grease like Mobil XTC.
Q. What does holding capacity mean in terms of clamps?
A. The holding capacity or the holding force depicts the clamp's capability to hold down the equipment or a sheet metal on the assembly line or during similar manufacturing processes.