- Padded rubber grip; High-strength steel; Made in USA
Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch is used to cut out gasket arcs and form gaskets for large sealing applications in transmission and distribution equipment. This AX1852 dovetail punch is ideal for making interlocking dovetail joints when cutting out a gasket having a large outside diameter using gasket cutters is not possible due to space constraints, absence of large diameter cutters or due to gasket materials having a smaller width than the gasket diameters.
- Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch is ideal for cutting out interlocking dovetail joints of 1.5 X 1.5 inch dimensions on overlapping gasket arcs.
- This AX1852 dovetail punch fabricates perfectly shaped gaskets from fibre, cork, rubber or other gasket material.
- Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch is used to join gasket arcs when the outer diameter of the gasket is greater than gasket material dimensions and cutting a full gasket out of the material is not possible.
- It has high-strength steel construction for greater strength, lightweight and withstanding large amounts of stress.
- Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch is fitted with a padded rubber grip for providing a comfortable grip to the users when used for long periods.
- It is easy to use & cuts both overlapping arc pieces at once for a perfectly sealed fit.
- This Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch reduces labour costs, complex calculations & downtime by avoiding pre-measurements and marking on the gasket arcs.
- Dovetail punches can also be used multiple times on gaskets having large widths for creating side by side joints.
- Allpax Dead Blow Hammers: These hammers are ideal for striking Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch for punching out dovetail joints on gasket arcs. They have a shot loaded head that decreases rebound and absorbs impact. Their soft face reduces marring & noise and avoids accidental damage to precision work, especially when working in tight spaces.
- Gasket Cutter: Heavy-duty standard gasket cutter kits or a M3 rotary-style gasket cutter is used to cut out arcs out of the gasket material.
Standards and Approvals:
- Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch is manufactured in accordance with OSHA standards to ensure maximum user safety and optimum gasket performance.
Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch is factory assembled, comes in ready to use condition and does not require any installation. However, an operator requires the following items for proper operation of the Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch:
- Piece of paper, pencil & cardboard: Piece of paper & pencil are required to draw out the required gasket along with OD, ID and bolt holes at desired locations. Cardboard is required to properly support the paper template.
- Mallet or hammer: A mallet or hammer is used to strike the dovetail punch and cut out mating joints on the gasket arcs.
- Tape & glue: Tapes & glue are used for a temporary or permanent attachment of gasket arcs with each other or with the template for proper sealing & assembly of the gasket arcs into a leak-proof gasket.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What other kinds of punches does Allpax provide?
A. Allpax offers an entire catalogue of gasket cutters, punches, hammers, packing hooks and replacement parts, such as extension bars, cutting blades & spur gears. The Allpax punch catalogue includes hollow punches, knockout hole punches, power punches and arch punches.
Q. What points must one consider when looking to buy an Allpax dovetail punch or chisel?
A. One of the most prominent factors that impacts the strength and durability of a punch or chisel is the steel used in its manufacturing. Allpax dovetail punches are made from heat treated, high alloy steel and have a working end that maintains its edge & shape for a long duration of time. They feature a hard striking end that can be struck without chipping or cracking. Before making your purchase, keep the following points in mind:
- The diameter, size & shape of the required cuts should be determined by observing what is being cut or driven.
- If you are working in an environment with sparks, you should choose brass, copper beryllium or aluminium bronze punches and chisels that provide spark resistance.
Q. Why should we use Allpax dovetail punches?
A. It is required to have the right punches on hand during maintenance and repair. It is inefficient and difficult to store several replacement punches in your inventory. With its ability to cut 3/4 to 3 inch wide flange gaskets, Allpax AX1855 dovetail punch kit can fabricate interlocking dovetail joints where the outside diameter of the gasket is larger than the width of the material to be cut.
Q. What are the key points to remember while using Allpax AX1852 dovetail punch?
- Make sure that employees are properly trained in using hand tools.
- Keep cutting tools sharp and cover the sharp edges with a suitable covering to protect the tool and prevent accidental injuries from unintended contact.
- Do not apply excessive force or pressure on tools.
- Do not hold the stock in the palm of your hand when using a cutting tool or a screwdriver. Always lay it on a workbench or in a vice.
- Always provide training on how to choose the right tool for the job, how to correctly use each tool and how to identify when the tools need repair.
- Handle tools carefully. Keep them clean and dry and store them properly after each use.